Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November 10, 2006


November 10, 2006

Today will be the end of Chapter 4 of our Adventure. It takes us less than an hour to drive west to Tucson. We pull into a campground that we just picked out of our RV camping directory. As we pull in the park entrance, Aimee and I both think we hit RV heaven. We see RV’s everywhere. The complex has a large RV sales lot, a Camping World store, and an RV service facility. We drive past these and into the RV “resort”, not just a mere RV campground. Each RV site has wrought-iron patio furniture and an orange tree. A lot of the sites even have a Jacuzzi alongside. I am feeling a few pangs of guilt as I drink my vodka tonic and read the rest of my novel on our patio under the warm sun while I think of friends back at work in cold Chicago. But then I think of the absolutely huge number of people who do this same ‘snow birding’ all across the south from Arizona to Texas to Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts