Wednesday, February 07, 2007

February 2, 2007


February 2, 2007

Since coming to Tucson, we have taken quite a few hikes in the area. I have yet to see any of the typical denizens of the desert: mountain lions, tarantulas, rattlesnakes, or scorpions. All we have seen is a few birds and a couple chipmunks. So I was pretty surprised this morning, after investigating my wife’s blood-curdling scream, to find a scorpion in our storage room. The creature is pretty small (about an inch and half) but still scary looking. Our paradise has a few thorns.

Scorpions glow in the dark when exposed to a black light. So I bought a UV lamp at the hardware store and used it to check out the apartment. I didn’t find any more scorpions; but I found that fuzz also glows and I jumped a little when I saw all the fuzz particles glowing on the carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts