Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 12, 2007

June 12, 2007

Jedediah Smith State Park sits along the Smith River. In the morning I take a walk along it looking for a nice photo op. A passing fisherman tells me there is supposed to be Cutthroat Trout in it. I know the river is famous for salmon runs in the fall but we are too early for them. I decide to give it a shot anyway. After getting a license I give the fly rod a workout this time. The river ends up being deeper than I thought because the water is crystal clear. I get a few bites but I am not near fast enough to pull any in.

After lunch we head northeast to Oregon and stop for the evening on the outskirts of Ashland, OR. We were told by some acquaintances about a Shakespeare Festival that is held here. After an early dinner we head into town to get tickets for one of tonight’s performances. They have several plays running every day. We opt for “The Tempest”. It is performed in an outdoor Elizabethan-style playhouse. Aimee and I both find it very difficult to follow. Partly because of the Old English and partly because we both don’t hear as well as we once did. Surprisingly the performance is near sold-out for a Tuesday. This Shakespeare Festival is very popular. Tourists flock to this small town for these performances all year-round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts