Monday, July 23, 2007

July 18, 2007

July 18, 2007

We are back in Itasca, IL getting our lives re-organized. We are committed to cutting back our storage burden here from two to just one unit. That means we have to spend a few hours a day going thru boxes and discarding things we thought might come in handy at some imaginary time in the future. We are also discarding useful items we would prefer to upgrade sooner rather than later. It is a little easier now a year later.

Tonight we are relaxing in Itasca’s central park listening to an oldies band. Unfortunately it is cut short by an incoming thunderstorm. And a thunderstorm it is. The lightning flashes continuously for hours. After watching it from a dry couch for most of the night I get the bright idea to catch one on film. Photographing lightning at night is not for the impatient. Inevitably it flashes where I am not pointing the camera and my trigger finger is tiring of holding the auto focus down in anticipation. But stubborn is my middle name and I finally got one that resembles the throbbing blood vessels in my arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts