Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 12, 2008


May 12, 2008

We wake up to gorgeous weather on Jekyll Island, GA, dry, sunny and cool. We take advantage and play 18 holes of golf on the “Oleander” course, the newest and most modern. It is in the center of the island, with narrow fairways cut thru the pine forest. The course is almost empty and we play a quick round. Aimee beats me by two strokes. I am struggling to adjust my game from dry desert to humid bayou. I have new respect for the pros who do so every week. Before leaving, I stop in the clubhouse to drop off a lost club we found. The pro asked me how we did. When I respond the course is beautiful but my game leaves something to be desired, he answers, “It is hard when we all have day jobs!” I laugh along with him, though embarrassed on the inside since I can no longer use that excuse for my poor play.

We leave Jekyll Island and turn north. Outside Savannah, GA we stop for groceries, where I notice the right tire looking low. That is when I discover that the inner tire is dead flat. Ooooh, I wonder how long it has been that way. With rear “dualies”, the inner tire is out of sight, out of mind. I try to inflate the tire with air but that only results in a loud hiss. Luckily we find a tire dealer still open only a mile away. Two experienced technicians find the valve stem has rotted out. Less than an hour and only a few dollars later, we are on our way. We spend the night nearby at Fort McCallister State Park where we have the park virtually to ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts