Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 19, 2012

July 19, 2012

We sleep over the cab of the motorhome. I usually have the inside position next to the front window. Despite sleeping in this spot for almost 500 nights I rarely have pulled the curtain and looked out. I did the last two nights and was pleasantly surprised to find this is a great spot for stargazing. Not only am I warm and snug under the covers; since I am lying down, I don’t have to strain my neck looking up. Too bad this is the end of the trip.

We spend the morning driving south descending off the Colorado plateau arriving back in Tucson in time for lunch.  We unpack the RV in the heat, a not so welcome homecoming.  In the dead of summer, Tucson gets monsoon rains that lower the temperature but add mightily to the humidity.  On the plus side the rain has caused many of the desert natives to thrive and bloom.  And the prickly pear cacti with their ripe purple fruit add to the color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts