Friday, April 01, 2016

March 16-20, 2016

March 16-20, 2016

Since Aimee and I spend a lot of our free time playing golf, we again volunteered to work the PGA golf tournament that comes into town every Spring.  For the second year it is a Champions Tour event, which is euphemism for Seniors.  That is ok; if we could hit the ball as well as these 50+ year-old guys still do, we would be ecstatic.

Aimee was again hole marshal and I was a standard bearer.  The first two days was a Pro-Am to raise money for a local charity.  On Friday the real play got started.  I was kicking myself for agreeing to work all five days but that turned out to be fortuitous.  It gave me a chance to walk with the leaders on day Two.  One of them, Scott Verplank, had another good round putting him at the top of the pack.  The cameraman following our group, apparently recognized my acting ability and pulled me aside.  On the 18th green, he had me pose with my sign while Verplank sank his last putt.  I was front and center of the telecast for almost 15 seconds.  I am a Star!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts