Friday, September 15, 2006

September 11, 2006

September 11, 2006

Aimee and I are both anxious to get on the road again. Sitting in an apartment makes us lazy. It is pouring rain out. After a couple hours hoping for the rain to stop, we don our raincoats and load up the RV and head southeast at noon. It takes us a couple hours to get out of the Chicago area as I80/90 at the tip of Lake Michigan is always crawling with trucks. Near 3pm we reach South Bend, IN, where we intend to stay the night. Unfortunately excitement strikes us. I pass a city bus a little too close and our side mirrors tap each other. The glass on my passenger side mirror shatters making it difficult to drive safely as I can’t see out the right side. I am somewhat surprised I haven’t hit one before as the mirrors stick out really far. Hitting a city bus is probably a bad idea. Even though I only tapped the mirror and didn’t do damage, the bus driver is required to call it in and get a police report. City bus passengers are notorious for complaining of neck injuries after accidents. I am surprised an ambulance-chasing lawyer doesn’t stop to help. Tomorrow, we will have to find out how to get a replacement mirror. In the meantime Aimee sits in the rear and looks out the window to help guide me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts