Monday, October 16, 2006

October 12, 2006


October 12, 2006

Last night we were attacked by acorns thrown on our roof. They are really loud when you sleep with your head next to the ceiling. I wonder if Mother Nature is telling us louder to head south. Around 10am we head west along I40 across the Appalachians. They are getting prettier everyday with colors. At the Tennessee Visitor’s Center we come across a brochure for a map store in Knoxville. It is just ahead so we stop. I must admit I like maps and globes so we spend more than an hour looking through their large inventory. I buy a few things, including a raised relief map of the US and a laminated US map we are going to use to plot our future travels.

We had intended to stop at Oak Ridge to visit the Science and Energy Museum but it is already 2:30 so we decide to leave it for our next visit. We drive on and stay at a small campground near Crossville, TN. It is cold. I think the first evening we can’t sit out before dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts