Friday, March 30, 2007

March 28, 2007

March 28, 2007

Tucson has three pro baseball teams in town this month for Spring Training. This is the last week for Cactus League play so we went this afternoon to watch the White Sox host the Arizona Diamondbacks. I assumed we would have no problem getting a ticket at the gate for an afternoon game. Most people work during the day, right? As we pulled in the parking lot for Tucson Electric Park and saw the big crowd, I got a little worried. We had just got in line at the ticket counter when I thought I overheard somebody mumble, “Sold out”. Thankfully I had my lucky charm with me, because a guy taps me on the shoulder at that moment and asks me if I would like two free tickets in the front row. Uh, Sure! And he hands them to me. We go in the stadium, get some lunch, and find our seats, front row, first base, near the Sox dugout. We have to wait in the aisle for a few minutes because several of the Sox players are signing autographs for the kids in front of our seats.

After the crowd disperses, we settle in to watch the Sox lose 8-0. They really looked bad. (no wonder they are dead last in the Cactus League) But what a great place to watch pro baseball. The stadium is small and intimate, everybody is relaxed, the weather is sunny, and the beer is half the price of Wrigley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts