Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17, 2008


April 17, 2008

Opposites attract…. they must. Otherwise how would a nesting bird marry a migratory one. Aimee is not happy I am moving her nest again. But it is not my fault. We still have a lot of country to see and the real estate market has not been quick about correcting to new price levels. Many experts predict it may be another year, or more. Heaven forbid my fellow baby boomers start downsizing before the bottom. Otherwise we may be renting forever.

I have to admit I am having second thoughts of my own. It has been a successful winter for us. We avoided a very snowy Midwest winter and we found an area of Tucson we both could be happy living. Traffic here is more laid back and activities are much closer than on last year’s east side. And finally my golf game has returned better than ever! Finally! Last winter I was downright embarrassing. Now even Aimee is impressed enough she is asking me for lessons! I still can’t seem to break 90 though. I need to eliminate a few flubbed shots and improve my short game before I can join the Senior Tour. If it wasn’t for a bad case of golfer’s elbow I might let Aimee talk me into staying in Tucson this summer.

We have gotten pretty efficient now at changing addresses and packing up. Only a couple days of effort and we are ready to go mobile. This summer we are heading east. The Deep South, our first target. After putting the car in storage and loading up the RV we drive east on I-10 into New Mexico and stay at a state park outside the city of Deming.

1 Comments:

Blogger artandlogic said...

1. You CAN'T stop your Big Adventure!
2. Keep your eye on the ball, not the camera ;)

8:35 AM, April 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts