Friday, November 23, 2007

November 22, 2007

November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrated the holiday with a delicious turkey, stuffing and mashed potato dinner alfresco on our patio. Aimee and her mom did a great job preparing it while I supervised. In the middle of my third helping we got an unexpected and uninvited dinner guest. A large hawk flew in and perched atop our neighbor’s patio. I had to physically restrain my mother-in-law from tossing him a drumstick.

A few minutes and several pictures later, the hawk found his own Thanksgiving feast by swooping down on an unsuspecting snake in the golf course rough below. The snake was not a happy camper. What gave me the jitters though was thinking about the day before when I went searching for an errant golf shot in a similar spot. I need to learn how to keep the ball in the fairway when playing desert courses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts