Tuesday, December 09, 2008

December 9, 2008



December 9, 2008

We had another beautiful Tucson sunset last night. I went to the local park to take a photo because it will be the last one I see for a month. I need something to remind me of the warm weather since we are heading back to chilly Illinois for Christmas. While in Chicago we are also taking the opportunity to retrieve our belongings from storage and driving them back here. So after the movers came to pick up the rental furniture, we packed up the car and headed east.

A couple weeks ago I broke down and bought a GPS for the car. I had resisted getting one because I thought it would be a toy that I wouldn’t use much. Now that I have one I must admit a GPS is a really neat and amazing toy. Still after using it for a few days, it went in the glove box. I pulled it out for this trip. What a mistake. Much to my dismay I now have two female voices giving me detailed, meticulous driving directions. After a short while I had to unplug it.

Four hours later we pulled into Las Cruces, NM where we stopped to snap a picture of the worlds largest roadrunner (made from old tennis shoes). Since it was getting dark, I pulled the GPS back out and it guided us flawlessly to our hotel. It would have been a lot harder for us to find the hotel at dusk without it. After checking in, we drove to the nearby historic Old Mesilla neighborhood for a delicious Mexican meal. Aimee and I both think Las Cruces has some of the best Mexican restaurants in the country, unfortunately better than we have been able to find in Tucson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts