Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December 22, 2007

December 22, 2007

My Illini are playing Mizzou today in the annual “Bragging Rights” basketball game. One of my nephews is a freshman at Missouri this year and got us four tickets thru the university. So I made the drive down to St. Louis without Aimee to see the game. The Illini have won the last seven in this competition but this year could be tougher as Illinois isn’t the solid powerhouse of the past few years.

The St. Louis stadium is divided right down the middle with a sea of orange on one side. Unfortunately I am sitting in the middle of Mizzou country wearing bright orange. The Illini start off dominating but find a way to keep Mizzou in the game even letting them have a four point lead with less than two minutes to go. With my vocal support, the Illini prevail by one point making the long drive back to Chicago bearable. My Mizzou relatives are disappointed again. Unfortunately for them it is only the beginning. The football Illini are also on the rise and begin their winning streak against Mizzou next fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts